"Best Lawyers," Washington magazine
"Legal Elite," Virginia Business magazine
"Power Players," Smart CEO Magazine (2013)
"Leaders in the Law,"
Virginia Lawyers Weekly
"Virginia Super Lawyers,"
"Top Criminial Lawyers,"
Northern Virginia magazine
WHEN YOUR CASE IS IMPORTANT . . . choose award winning trial lawyers who teach the law to other attorneys to resolve your dispute.
Albo & Oblon, LLP is an experienced law firm serving the entire Commonwealth of Virginia, Washington, D.C. and the State of Maryland. We are a substantial 10-attorney law firm with a focus on civil and criminal litigation.
–Our lawyers are unusual. We are leaders in our state and community. Two of our lawyers are elected legislators — one is the House Chairman of the Judiciary Committee in the state legislature, another is a Supervisor in the Prince William County Board of Supervisors. Some of our lawyers have judicial experience — one is a former government contracts law judge. Our lawyers include leaders in the bar and community organizations – from homeowners associations to the Boy Scouts.
–We teach law to other lawyers (and to judges).We regularly teach our practice areas to other lawyers and to judges at popular continuing legal education seminars. Such seminars have included topics such as Employment Law, Civil Procedure, E-Commerce, Evidence, Ethics, Legislative Updates, and Criminal Defense. Please visit our “Seminar Page” for a listing.
–We write practice guides used by other lawyers to practice law. Other lawyers use our practice guides and published articles in their own practices. Our publications include the Wage & Hour Handbook used by the Virginia Chamber of Commerce, the Human Resource Manual used by the Fairfax County Bar Association, and manuals for criminal defense. We regularly publish updates on employment law and government contract bid protests.
–We have hundreds upon hundreds of trials under our belt. Our attorneys include three former prosecutors. The trial skills gained as a prosecutor – such as voir dire, evidence, jury selection, motions in limine, objections, closing statements — apply to all courts in both civil and criminal law. Too many lawyers these days appear in court for a bona fide trial so infrequently that they are truly uncomfortable. We aren’t.
–We are sought by the national media to comment on the law. We have been featured over 100 times in the national media – such as FOX News and CNN. Please visit our “In the News Page” for a listing or our media appearances.
–We are recognized by the media and other lawyers. We have been recognized as:
- “Best Lawyers” by Washingtonian magazine,
- “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business magazine,
- "Power Player of the Year for Litigation," by Smart CEO Magazine (2013)
- “Leaders in the Law” by Virginia Lawyers Weekly,
- “Top Lawyers” by Northern Virginia magazine,
- "Super Lawyers” by Thomson Reuters.
- "Preeminent Lawyers - AV Rated" by Martindale-Hubbell.
- "Best Lawyer -- Runner Up" by City Paper.
- Winery and Vineyard Law — National Business Institute — October 27, 2014
- Transportation Safety Laws — Supreme Court of Virginia’s General District Court Judicial Conference — September 29, 2014
- Comprehensive Employment Law: Hiring Strategies and Decisions — Sterling Education Services — August 21, 2014
- Comprehensive Employment Law: ADA and FMLA Updates and Considerations — Sterling Education Services — August 21, 2014
- Conference for Substitute Judges — Supreme Court of Virginia — August 11, 2014.
- Institute for Substitute Judges -- July 9, 2013
- Comparative Employment Law: Virginia, D.C., and Maryland– LawLine.com April, 2014
- Updates in the Law -- Va. Trial Lawyers Assn. -- March 23, 2013
- Statutory Updates for Judges -- Northern Virginia Regional Judicial Conference -- March 22, 2013
- Institute for Substitute Judges — July 27, 2012
- Recent Updates in the Law — July 2012
- Business Contracts, A-to-Z — July 20, 2012
- Updates in the Law – April, 2012
- Statutory Update for Judges – March 23, 2012
- United States Marine Corps “Stand Down” – November 22, 2011
- How to Become a Judge in Virginia — October 28, 2011.
- A Primer in Virginia Employment Law September 28, 2010