"Best Lawyers," by Washingtonian magazine (2015, 2013, 2011, 2004).**
"AV-Preeminent" byMartindale-Hubbell(2015). This is their highest ranking for legal ability and ethics. **
"Legal Elite," by Virginia Business magazine(2015-2006; 2003, 2002).*
"Power Player of the Year for Litigation," by SmartCEO magazine (2013).***
"Leaders in the Law," by
Virginia Lawyers Weekly(2010, 2008). ***
"Top Criminial Lawyers,"
by Northern Virginia magazine (2014, 2012,2010).**
by Thomson Reuters (2015-2006). *
* This award is given annually.
** This award is given every two years.
*** This award can only be given once.
WHEN YOUR CASE IS IMPORTANT . . . choose award winning trial lawyers who teach the law to other attorneys to resolve your dispute.
Albo & Oblon, LLP is law firm of Arlington and Fairfax litigation and trial lawyers serving the entire Commonwealth of Virginia. We are a substantial firm with a focus on civil and criminal litigation.
–Our lawyers are unusual. We are leaders in our state and community. Some have former experience as a legislator or a judge. Our lawyers include leaders in the bar and community organizations – from homeowners associations to the Scouts.
–We teach law to other lawyers (and to judges).Continuing legal education seminars we have taught include topics such as Employment Law, Civil Procedure, E-Commerce, Evidence, Ethics, Legislative Updates, and Criminal Defense. Please visit our “Seminar Page” for a listing.
–We write the practice guides used by other lawyers to practice law. Other lawyers use our practice guides and published articles in their own practices.
–We have hundreds upon hundreds of trials under our belt. Our attorneys include three former prosecutors. The trial skills gained as a prosecutor – such as voir dire, evidence, jury selection, motions in limine, objections, closing statements — apply to all courts in both civil and criminal law.
–We are sought by the national media to comment on the law. We have been featured over 100 times in the national media – such as FOX News and CNN. Please visit our “In the News Page” for a listing or our media appearances.
–We love to win.
- Conference for Substitute Judges -- Supreme Court of Virginia -- August 10, 2015.
- Winery and Vineyard Law — National Business Institute — October 27, 2014
- Transportation Safety Laws — Supreme Court of Virginia’s General District Court Judicial Conference — September 29, 2014
- Comprehensive Employment Law: ADA and FMLA Updates and Considerations — Sterling Education Services — August 21, 2014
- Conference for Substitute Judges — Supreme Court of Virginia — August 11, 2014.
- Institute for Substitute Judges -- July 9, 2013
- Updates in the Law -- Va. Trial Lawyers Assn. -- March 23, 2013
- Statutory Updates for Judges -- Northern Virginia Regional Judicial Conference -- March 22, 2013
- Institute for Substitute Judges — July 27, 2012
- Recent Updates in the Law — July 2012
- Business Contracts, A-to-Z — July 20, 2012
- Updates in the Law – April, 2012
- Statutory Update for Judges – March 23, 2012
- United States Marine Corps “Stand Down” – November 22, 2011
- How to Become a Judge in Virginia — October 28, 2011.
- A Primer in Virginia Employment Law September 28, 2010